Sunday, September 30, 2007

Well ordinary life isn't that boring

We've been back from our Minneapolis escape for almost 2 weeks now.

let's see:
worked,
reshingled the roof with the help of friends and family, well family that are friends,
worked, although reshingling was REAL WORK,
got another season of ZOU underway, Jr Hi kids are great
Public meetings with church Board,
struggled with some concerts booked at the church, Matthew Good, Tegan and Sara, Kalan Porter,

So how do you respond appropriately to events you can't influence yet present a very public perception? How do you deal with the incompatibility of an artist's public performance and church views? Your personal views? Bad administrative decisions? (in my humble opinion)

learned of a former Pastor relocating to Spokane,
prayed for friends,
Colleen's Mom's 84th birthday
attended Anna Miller's memorial service, she was 94
reconnected with Gerry & Sharron and Kori after 15 years. He was 60 this year! I'm getting older,
Dinner at John's Prime Rib.

Yep, regular life is simple. yeah right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read with surprise your comments regarding the planned Lakeview concerts. Kalan Porter would be fine, in my opinion, as a Christian kid, but Matthew Good and Tegan and Sara, you've got to be kidding! See some lyrics below.

MATTHEW GOOD BAND LYRICS

"Look Happy, It's The End Of The World"

Where will you be this afternoon
I cut off all my fingers
No fame i spill my guts
And orphaned desert isle
Like orphaned
Big bang
Blink if you can hear me
Box my ears
Daddy box my ears
Box my ears
Hoping
Is out of style
So look happy
It's the end of the world
I've got a big machine
It's blank and blue
Where will you be this afternoon
Meet me and I'll spill my guts
Cause I'm open to anything
I'm open for this time and you can count the years
Count the years
Count the years
Hoping
Is out of style
So look happy
It's the end of the world

and from "Born To Kill"

There's a big beat
You're sleeping in my memory
Like Satan
Lonely
So I'm with him
Floating, loaded
Enough to be released
It's more than the less you say you do
It's more than the shot that gets you though
Born to buy into something
Born to Kill

And a quote from Tegan on her web log September 19/07 - "I don't know that I would want to play there personally, but I got some serious enjoyment out of watching hundreds of people drink beer and smoke weed and dance all funny in front of me."

A giant step in the wrong direction IMHO.