Sunday, October 19, 2008

Shallow thoughts, Deep thoughts

wow in 3 weeks we will be waking to our third day in Kaohsiung!

I had a twinge of sadness as I told my Power Hour small group I have 2 Sundays left. Of course some are still hoping for Travis to replace me but he is in College in Calgary now. He was one of my small group guys too QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO. Have I really been doing Power Hour small groups that long?

I was challenged and affirmed by David Barbour's message this morning I expect it will be at http://www.lakeviewchurch.com in a few days. He is refreshing much like Bob Opperman but a different style and applied many scripture references to carry forward the message of living in the WIDE OPEN POSSIBILITY of God. I am not able to do the words proper favour. I would like him to be our new lead pastor but I do not have all the considerations and perspective to make that call. I fully support the local and national teams making the decision.

I guess Colleen and I are embarking on one of those WOPs. Exciting. A bit scary, in a good way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, time is flying, how exciting. Thanks for the info on David Barbour. Will listen to his podcast.