Monday, November 02, 2009

November Ponderings

Today I asked myself if I live on the edge just beside depression. I know from some friends and family how much of a challenge and struggle it is and I don't have THAT degree of challenge. I wonder how many people are living close to the edge fearing depression but actually are in a real tough season in life. And sure some are in a very long season................

One year ago we were days away from our Taiwan winter adventure and we have 8 more weeks of Saskatchewan winter before our planned departure. Some Birks work and some Electrical Contacting work will finish our cold days for this year.

Oh, how do I complain about my Mother-in-law's driving without getting in trouble or giving too much detail? Too late probably in trouble. Well not with some people but I am trying to reason if she is a risk to herself and others or just to our sanity!

She did manage to get drive from her apartment in Saskatoon to a friends funeral in PA! The challenge was getting back through Saskatoon to her apartment. I CANNOT figure how she gets to where she does in Saskatoon and am not patient enough to ask enough of the right questions to figure it out. She managed to get on BOTH sides of the river at least TWICE on the way home and ended up at our house! ARGH.

Well at least it takes our minds off the lack of communication with Jay & Julie. I ache for the relationship to return. or even begin to be something............I wish I could get a hint of what to do...........

1 comment:

stevenwriston said...

Hey Steve, I'll be praying for the relationship to return. Our seasons with our children seem to be in sync.