Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Facebook is my excuse

I was just thinking how this year in Kaohsiung compared to last year.

I have taught 4 days compared to 8 weeks. I haven't actually missed the schedule or the beetle nut stands!

We haven't had the some of the angst of 2009 but there are still concerns with the various dimensions of our Canadian lives.

We have stayed on island instead of 2 major trips which I think Colleen REALLY misses. We don't have FULL University salary this year like last so we aren't spending money quite as cavalierly. We certainly can more easily count our Taiwan expenses this year

Colleen had done a lot of reading, maybe similar to last year but I've been around to observe while I've played computer games or did small tasks here at Melissa's place.

I have become a bit restless with the amount of leisure time I have so hopefully I can translate that into time doing contracting work once we get back to Saskatoon. Maybe Jay and I will do some together, we'll see.

Curiously I think we have had as many friends or friends parent pass away this year as last........I guess it comes with the age................

OH NEXT YEAR WILL BE OUR 40TH ANNIVERSARY AND WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GETTING A TAIWANESE WEDDING BOOK so we will need to assemble a few historical photos to go with the GLAMOUR shots they do here. Sorry I am NOT funding your travel to our celebration tea!

Well that does it for today. Love to all. Enjoy your Spring weather in North America. Enjoy your time with loved ones wherever you are.

No comments: