Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Dynamic week

Not in the usual sense of dynamic, but it is becoming my usual week!

A work colleague and friend, Margo Reekie passed away last Saturday after only a 6 or 7 month battle with cancer. She had a special way of touching people in a personal way through work, volunteer and as an example as a mother and wife.

Another work colleague and friend had his diligence and integrity rewarded this week as he was successful in the selection of a new Associate Vice President at the University. Colin Tennent represents strength, perseverance and integrity in all I have seen him do.

OH AND MELISSA IS HOME FOR 5 WEEKS. well okay here since home for her is Kaohsiung. We have kept our plans to a minimum so far so we can relax together rather than just run a different race!

HAPPY JULY TO ALL. oh by the way my birthday is on the 16th in case anybody wants to celebrate. There isn't a party though, 57 year olds don't get a party!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course they do.
Let's make it happen
I will bring the cake!!
Brenda E.

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!! No party??? I hope you do celebrate God's gift of your life to the world and give your family and friends the privilege of joining in. If I don't see a blog about a great birthday, I will be very disappointed!