Friday, July 20, 2007

One step from citizenship

Life's frustrations and challenges feel fairly small today. PRAISE GOD!

Most will be surprised to find out I am not a Canadian citizen. On Wednesday I completed the second last step. My documents and identity are confirmed! Now I just have to wait for the letter confirming the ceremony. Probably August 30 or 31.

It took about 3 minutes on Wed. which helps make up for how long the process has taken so far. May 2006 I sent in the application and all accompanying pieces. I didn't think the 12-18 months was realistic. silly me!

Vacation continues to go well for Melissa. We have her here until August 14th! I have enjoyed 2 weeks vacation so far, well mostly 2 weeks back in the office yesterday and for about an hour today. A few days here and there to match Colleen's days off and Melissa's schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting, you will have dual citizenship? Was there any prep work such as studying Canadian history? Just wondering what it takes to become a Canadian citizen. Guess I should check the Gvt. web site.