Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well I found out it's been 9 1/2 years since I last visited Crosby! And 5 since my sister and I got together. One year for each hour it takes to drive there. June is our next target to get together. I guess I need to make more space in my scheduling.

We had a nice visit. Her treatments are providing good results even though she has lost a considerable amount of weight. I think the only time she had any extra weight was when she was pregnant so she is very thin. I once again was reminded how old I am getting. It shocked me that she is looking old which I suppose a 53 year old woman fighting cancer might look. It is the reality of not seeing people regularly............she didn't look nearly as old within a few minutes.

I find I am regularly noticing how young or old those around me are looking. Then I realize I'm not 27 anymore. Wow what happened to the last 30 years! So how do I know if I am old?

Thanks for all your prayers. I pray for all of you that the pains and challenges of 2007 will turn into the joys of 2008.

No comments: