Saturday, February 09, 2008

Semi retired, not really YET

I'm sitting here testing semiretirement for the weekend. Wake when I feel like it 7:30! Stay in bed napping, soak in the Jacuzzi, sausage gravy biscuits and eggs for breakfast at 10 or so........ [sausage gravy is my American heritage screaming]. we will eventually get to a few grocery and other errands today.

Now to gather enough details in the next 3-5 days to get perspective for the first decisions in this CHANGE in life. This is the first time in 32 years and maybe 35 that I haven't seen ongoing monthly paychecks. Wow! There is 2 years income still to come but now we're vulnerable to our own planning and discipline! Scared for us? God will provide wisdom and resources but we have had so much support with predictability that the change in expectation is a real challenge at least for me.

No comments: