Thursday, May 29, 2008

Holding the tears back......

I unwrapped my grandson's Christmas gifts today because I have no expectation of seeing him. I trust God that it will occur but after visiting Jay & Julie's place this afternoon I cannot keep the expectation alive. It is too painful.

The 5 minute conversation in the doorway seems to have accomplished nothing more than refreshing the wounds for all of us. Now I need to put Jay, Julie and Alex in God's container and leave it for God to open. It appeared Julie has had their baby but no mention or discussion was possible. So I place both of our grandchildren and their parent's in God's care. MANY TIMES A DAY!

Please pray for the hardness of heart, hurt, needs and whatever Jay and Julie need will be met.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, Steve, my heart hurts for you. You are most definitely in my prayers, as are Jay and Julie and the kids. You can come over and play with my kids anytime you need to!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry your visit today did not go well. I will continue to pray that this relationship will be restored.
As I anticipate the visit of my precious granddaughter, I know how much this must hurt you and Colleen. You would be the "bestest" grandpa, as exhibited in your caring and loving of the little ones in our church ( and one big one now, Chris)
Brenda E.

Anonymous said...

STeve and Colleen, God will take care of them and you as well. Many times God brings to our remembrance you and your family. It is our prayer that God will continually do His work in their lives. Hang in there, God will complete His work.
We love you guys.
Ernest

Anonymous said...

Oh Uncle Steve...My heart hurts for you two...

I can't imagine how difficult this whole situation has been for the two of you.