Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Canada seems to slow my blogging

We have been back almost 3 full days! Yeah I know it's been about 2 weeks since my last post though. Facebook carries some of the blame but I just get busy and forget that there are people I need to keep up to date.

The last week in Kaohsiung had a few hectic days as we packed things for storage at Melissa's but clothes for living and travelling. We left some clothes there for next year! Ok, no fat or thin jokes!! I keep thinking the greatest thing about the trip is that it is repeatable. I was reluctant to say this is our new plan for each year but now IT IS as long as God continues to provide guidance and freedom. If Melissa moves from Kaohsiung (no hint or plans to) then we will test that location. WE ARE BLESSED SUPREMELY to be able to be able to afford such a dramatic life change. I don't only mean afford financially but to also have family and friends that support us in this decision. We will always have a guest room for your visits!

In the midst of the angst and pain of the severed relationship with Jay & Julie God has provided this respite. Please continue to pray for our peace, strength and wisdom. And pray for Jay and Julie also. I don't know how to express it but our God KNOWS! Words cannot comfort we simply endure and ask for God's comforting presence.

I think future years we will stay and endure part of the winter because this coming back and being cold is worthy of several adjectives that are commonly used but I refrain! My body is tense from the cold, where is a good massage when you need it? Even my blood pressure is up! Or maybe it is the adjustment to the travel and time zones, hmmm.

As we have returned we have learned of another marriage that is in separation. PLEASE PRAY FOR ALL MARRIED PEOPLE YOU KNOW! Relationships are just that and MUST be worked at continually. Start right now! It requires a daily investment in each other. Sure there are times when our work, play, children or other things pressure us and make it hard to invest in someone else but we MUST every day or we WILL FAIL! Failure in marriage has so many unseen costs so please take this as encouragement not admonition. Investing in others is easy for me but I know it isn't for everybody. practise, Practise, PRACTISE.

Peace

1 comment:

Carla said...

Amen to your point on marriage. Its been a discouraging couple years for us as far as lots of people we know splitting. We went the first decade of our marraige without divorce effecting our circle but now close friends, people in our church and relatives are all being torn apart by it. Its really sad and like you said it has so many far reaching ripple effects that often those involved don't see.