Monday, May 11, 2009

Hmmm, what to say and share

Well, I'm not as eloquent as Carla Burlando nor as creative as Heather Lu. Sometimes as inspired as Sherry Brophy but seldom as inspirational as Glenn Teal. Surely not as busy as Chris and Nevada McKenzie or Melissa! And I think I feel as tired as new mothers like Karen Robertson, Andrea Pankhurst, Andrea Hudson, Amanda Sowden and the ones I forgot........

We had another 21 degree day, I think only the 4th one since we got back a month ago. It's too bad Linda and Carrie looked for a wedding dress on that windy and COLD Saturday! I finished cultivating most of the front flower bed and dug a 14 inch deep trench to put coroplast between it and the grass to stop the quack grass invasion. It worked on the first 8 feet the last few years so this is the year to do the remainder. I think the first pieces were 24 inches deep, I'm not that energetic or committed now! 12 inches SHOULD stop the roots! Lest you think Colleen just lounged, she stained more of the fence and then cleaned her arms and feet!

We had our first barbecue this evening. I didn't even singe myself! Baked potato, salad and steak. yum yum!

Saturday I saw a young friend at the Farmer's Market, our conversation lifted my heart yet at the same time created a profound sadness at the lack of relationship with Jay and Julie. My mind is a curious thing! Please keep praying and those of you that Jay accepts as Facebook friends thank you for reaching out to him. He changed his settings so I can no longer see his page and photos, only his profile photo which currently is a REAL CUTE closeup of Alex.

The return to Saskatoon has renewed thoughts and considerations about part time work and ministry involvement. As we move though the next year our income structure and level will change dramatically so I guess I better get a couple appointments made tomorrow so those things can be settled before we return to Kaohsiung in December. WE ARE SNOWBIRDS! We sure can live less expensively in Kaohsiung than Florida or Arizona! Mind you we have to fly as long as it would take to drive to either of them!

I thank all our friends and family for your support as we have embarked on this life change. The excitement, love and support you have shared with us has been a tremendous affirmation.

No comments: