Saturday, May 23, 2009

I think I need to blog more....my own health

We've been 'home' for a month and a half now and today is about the 5th day above 15 degrees!! We've had a colder Spring than Winter!

I've found it a particular challenge to have a good attitude. Oh, I can wear the right mask most of the time but am really conflicted with temperature effects on my muscles and the realization that I will need to work part time to afford our lifestyle of travelling. If only I had made a different pension plan choice in 2000 c'est la vie. But then we probably wouldn't have had the 2 major stock market sags since then. You know me 'the loser' HA HA , yeah right.....not really!

There are SO MANY changes.....and realizations.

I have now been away from the University for 1 year! The past year
My motivation for children and youth continues but I think the ministry activity is changing. I am being drawn toward more conversation with adults. Pray for clarity.

How to get myself motivated to do electrical contracting? It's hard to go out and even do yard work when it's mid afternoon before we get double digit temperatures! Pray for my diligence.

The last year has held TEFL correspondence classes WHEW, 5,000 km driving to Kansas and Vancouver Island YEAH, 5 months experimenting in Kaohsiung YIPPEE, NOT going to work everyday HMM, starting to learn what to do DUH, learning about each other in this new schedule HMM. Pray for our insight and wisdom.

This retirement thing is every bit as hard as many say it will be. Just ask Colleen! Pray for patience and caring.

No comments: