Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lloyd Colborne thoughts

Some of these thoughts are pondering that have been percolating for a while but brought to the surface with the Memorial Service for Lloyd Colborne. Each of his children and grandchildren had written a note to Pastor Dean so he could incorporate it into the eulogy. Unfortunately I cannot recall them. When asked why he thought God called him so directly Lloyd had said "so my family could know Him" I trust that strikes a chord with many of us!! Lloyd has 1 wife, 2 sons, 2 daughter in laws, 4 grandchildren and one grandchild, oh and a couple grandchildren in law (if there is such a label) I don't know if all have accepted Christ but I know many have! THAT'S QUITE A MARK FOR US TO HOLD BEFORE US

I know there are times I have failed my wife and children. I also know there are times I have succeeded. So how do I go from here? What do I do for Melissa? What do I do for Jay? What do I do for Julie? What do I do for Alex? What do I do for Gaby? What do I do for Colleen? What do I do for YOU? HELP ME, TELL ME. Some days I think I know, some days I find out I didn't! Some days I find out I was wrong! Some days I can't undo the wrong...........

I keep looking for answers or ways to fix my mistakes.............................some days I can't no matter how hard I try.

No comments: