Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Is it Jet lag or something else

This morning I woke at 5:30! I laid there…………..then I thought why am I awake? I laid there and prayed for about 85 people that came to mind, yeah at least 85. And I laid there……. around 6:50 I got up, I know because Colleen asked is that a 6 or an 8? So I spent a couple hours working on various quiet things. At 8:30 Colleen came down…..Melissa was off to work about 8.

We had a light breakfast as we had plans to go the soft opening of K Town diner. It was pretty good but they have a fair bit of learning to cook eggs enough, either runny, runny or hard cooked to beyond hard.

We then went to Dollars to buy some groceries... Familiar but yet much unfamiliar. What is pork floss anyway? And all those little round balls! And those long thick mushrooms that look like, well, uh, never mind but tough and rubbery no matter how they are cooked. All mushrooms in Taiwan seem to be rubbery, hmm, palates sure differ.

This evening Melissa’s private lesson had to cancel so we walk to the MRT and bought our ICard so we don’t have to have cash on hand and then rode to the next stop with the new Shin Kong Mitsukoshi store, it opened only a few days before we left last spring. Very nice and some floors VERY exclusive names, Harrod’s, and other’s I don’t recognize but sure looks like big $$$$$$. Colleen and Melissa did manage to find some grocery items they couldn’t do without. There really isn’t anything you can’t find here except maybe particular brands and there always seems to be that hint of sweet in things……..

No comments: