Monday, January 17, 2011

January 17 musings

Listening to the quiet rrrrRRRRRrrrr of a scooter approaching and passing and occasionally hearing one sound like it’s going to rattle apart before it passes. Hearing the clamouring or maybe it’s the clicking, clanking and clunking of cars, trucks, vans, scooters, wide and narrow steel overhead doors, bicycles, tools, pipes, hammers and shoes makes walking in Kaohsiung a strange symphony.

Tonight Colleen made pan fried chicken breasts, broccoli with cheese sauce and salad so I got to clean up as Melissa stopped in after a full day of work as she went to her Chiropractor. Balancing the efforts and work!! Of course I was MSN chatting with a friend in Taipei while the cooking took place. Tomorrow Colleen may be ready for the afternoon market; today her brain was not quite ready to deal with the smells and sights. AND as we were walking back from the shopping center the girl from the (my) tea shop saw me and we exchanged recognizing smiles so I HAD to go get my iced tea even though it is a bit cool for it. Mmmmm and brr mixed together. She even asked if we were back from Canada. Well I’m pretty sure that was what she said……….

No comments: