Saturday, May 28, 2011

Where do I start......................

General Conference was good.  Colleen is in Taiwan with Melissa who was admitted to hospital for surgery to remove a skin cancer on her left shoulder.  I helped with Power Hour at church and started with 1 Grade 7 worker, ended up with 17 toddlers.......also ended up with 3 more adults and one Grade 3 helper.  We thrived, well maybe it was survived................

I know most of you are back with Melissa................I was just chatting on Facebook with one of my Taiwanese youth friends and she phoned Melissa to check on her.   HOW COOL!!   I still don't have a name for the type of cancer other than it is considered 'skin cancer' and has a 5 year recurrence of 10%  so if you have to have IT this isn't a bad choice.

With Melissa, General Conference, Colleen travelling to be with Melissa, life in general, time with Alex and Gaby, essentially NO time with Jay and /or Julie my brain processes have been FULL.  Oh and in the midst of this I am making a 7 day trip to Kansas to visit my brother and some of our relatives and keep an eye on friends house while they are away.  busy enough? 

Oh and I finally got our 2010 income tax filed.  It only took 10 days to have the refunds in our bank account and 10 hours for it to be dispursed!

Some of you will have seen our pictures a couple weeks ago with Alex and Gaby. I got to spend 4 hours with them again today. I LOVE IT and them.  Here's today.........

FUN AT MARKET MALL


Gaby wasn't so excited about being in the free side of the car without a seatbelt.....


But Alex doesn't look THRILLED either, ok it's just the timing of the photo.....

No comments: