Monday, June 06, 2011

Wanting to be 3 places at once

Well maybe even 4...................

Melissa's surgery went well and her recovery is doing well and within 24 hours she should have the results of her 3 scans in 5 days after the removal of the melanoma on her shoulder.   What a week, and month!  It was only 5 weeks ago that she had the biopsy, Taiwan DOES NOT mess around with long wait times!  The medical care is superb (IMHO) and the personal care provided by Colleen and Melissa's friends has been FANTASTIC.

As my trip to visit my brother in Kansas City gets close I am missing my family.  The reality of NOT living around my aunts, uncles and cousins is working on my mind the last while.  Curiously it has been stimulated by the months living even farther away in Taiwan........  and more time to ponder thoughts and feelings rather than working on a daily JOB or projects.  We are going to have a great time as brothers and visiting family in Liberal, Tyrone, Mulvane and Wichita.

I'd LOVE to spend some time with Jay.  I need to learn how to visit with my son.  How did we manage to get so far apart in our ability to talk?    Maybe I will never know.  I know I WANT to know but don't NEED to know.

Maybe some of this is having Colleen away.  Maybe it's a stage of life thing.  Maybe?

Oh right place number 4....  I think it is right here in Saskatoon.  Yeah I think......

No comments: