Monday, June 20, 2011

3 weeks of rambling thoughts

I am now able to say I am RETIRED.  I've spent 3 years getting my head past a layoff with severance.  Not dealing with it but describing it as retired.   Dealing with it has NOT been a problem.  Actually I should be semi or quarter retired to support our lifestyle!  Each year has been an adventure in scheduling, working, enjoying, pondering, playing, learning and seeing what God has for us.......

Retired means that while in Taiwan visitng Melissa I can think of a 3 day visit to my brother and as we discuss it let it grow into a week's drive across Kansas and back!  I had a great week with my brother.  I got renewed with second hand smoking, and both of us with cousins,
Rocky and Leona Faye Mason (Hugoton)
We stayed with Linda Wright in Liberal
aunts, uncles cousin's kids and grandkids.   We even got in some Tornado shelter time.
 
We got to go out to Arkalon Park with my Mom's brother Fred.
Arkalon was developed by OUR DAD to develop wildlife habitat and also use excess treated sewage from the City of Liberal KS.  A true sign of the skill and isnpiration that does NOT require University degrees and training

We had one hotel night to reward David's grandson.....after all a 9 year old deserves some FUN. 
But I managed to hurt my foot playing in the 3 foot deep water...................I would be on crutches but the Walmart we went to didn't sell them  (go figure)   Aleve did the trick though!   Enough that we could visit

my Dad's cousin, Lillie Kissinger, in Mulvane            and                        our cousin Calvin in  Wichita.
I OFTEN ASK OTHERS WHAT WAS THE HIGHLIGHT FOR YOU.........

WELL FOR ME IT WAS REACQUAINTING WITH MY BROTHER'S VOICE

We probably haven't had more than 6 or 7 days together since 1968!   Not that we caught up on a lot of stuff but I think we caught up a bit on who we are..............

No comments: