Sunday, April 22, 2007

a week of blessings

This month we are talking about blessings in Power Hour and I have had a week where some moments it was difficult to remember the blessings because the details were so tough to deal with.
But then I remember I have had a secure, well paying job for more than 30 years.
I have a loving wife.
I can chat with my daughter in Taiwan 2 times almost every day.
I am healthy, well pretty healthy for a sedentary guy like me.
I get to read aboutDarren and Shona's new family as it takes shape in Kyiv.
Last night we got to meet a marvelous young woman who has suffered great physical trauma due to a gasoline fire injury 7 years ago and she has been able to see how good God is as she has experienced the losses, healing, help from others and God's support.

God is SO good if we are patient enough to see His support through others. And his provision for our needs in so many ways that we cannot even imagine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Blessing God through everything, good and bad, isn't always easy to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve... yes, I am still checking in on your blog from time to time.
I would be interested in following Darren and Shona's progress. Do they have a blog? Have a great Day, Linda Hilderman