Saturday, October 27, 2007

This one's for Linda (and other friends)

Tonight was Pastor Dean's first message at Lakeview since April. He is doing well and is on a long journey of healing to renew physical and spiritual health.

There have been many painful events in our collective lives in the last year or so but I challenge each of you to instead think of the good things and PRAISE GOD. He holds each of us more dearly than we can imagine.

Those painful times are hard. When the pain subsides I am able to hear God helping me learn. On stronger days I can hear God's comforting words in the midst of the pain. I am so fortunate that my pain is not physical even though the anguish or turmoil doesn't seem much less or easier.

Food for thought.....just saw a TV show with a gay man asking "How can it be a sin if God made me this way?" I'm not sure that I agree with that. I believe God only makes a person heterosexual. But that doesn't help me understand the physical reality of birth defects of whatever type or nature.

GOD IS SO MYSTERIOUS

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Steve... I do enjoy your honesty, openess and insights. you are frequently in my prayers... especially healing in your family relationships.
I was so blessed and encouraged by Dean's message, his obvious growth through his pain. Yes, the last several months have been very discouraging in the life of our church. I believe God can use Dean better in this strengthened condition, and we must remember to keep him held up in prayer as Satan will be looking to trip him up....Blessings... Linda