Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Santa Claus is here

Ok not until the 22nd and 23rd. Hmm, how am I going to get the lessons done? Today I was asked to be Santa! The previous director was big and strong like me, yeah right! We'll see!

The school closes the 24th, 25th and 26th so the Monday and Tuesday we will have a Christmas party for each class time. 3 stations and then Santa presents gifts to the kids. Oh I just remembered there is a 7:15 -9:15 class so I guess extra hours those 2 days!

Our Christmas trip tickets and hotel are paid for so now it is just the actual money we spend while travelling to and in Malaysia. There are times when here is so ordinary and at the same instant surreal.

When I was getting off the train in Gangshan a guy said something that I guessed was is this train going to Tainan. I tried to motion yes from here to there, Tainan. He said good, thank you. I hope he got to where he wanted. I have ridden this train often enough to know the next stop so If he really wanted to get to Tainan, I successfully gave directions!

The street work in front of the apartment is progressing. Yesterday they put about 2 inches of concrete over the areas that had new conduits, this morning when I left there was rebar on top of it and when I came home more concrete was there...........puzzles me why or what comes next. I'll keep you informed.

Colleen and Melissa went for a girl's coffee this morning. A couple hours later I made my way to school. Next month Colleen hopes to get to the Ladies Coffee Meeting. Colleen's life is certainly different when I teach. Maybe someday I'll get her to post too.............

No comments: