Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thursdays don't seem safe in Gangshan

Last Thursday and this I saw the aftermath of scooter accidents in Gangshan. Fortunately about half an hour before I got to the locations. Very good reminders of the risks and the need for caution. On my 25 minute ride home tonight there were 2 or 3 times I saw people riding scooters closer together than most of us sitting on a couch! AND THEY WERE GOING 40 KMH. I haven't seen very many people scoot together that fast on a couch!

Scooters are very common and it's easy to be jostling in the pack or safely moving along. It certainly challenges me to focus and relax. Tension results in me making almost all the wrong movements, including in my pants! Ok, not really.................

Well one more day of teaching and 2 days of Christmas parties then we are off to Kuala Lumpur for 2 days before joining Lana in Penang. We will certainly have some unique memories this Christmas.

Love to all

No comments: