Thursday, December 04, 2008

TEACHING IS GREAT

I am REALLY enjoying the teaching! It is effort and a bit like work but after all the parents are paying for their child to be taught English it should be some work. Tonight as I walked from the train to the scooter in Gangshan I thought "why am I doing this?", I enjoy it! It pays well! It is interesting and I get lots of stairs for exercise.

Okay, the stairs are not a preference just a reality. I've done more stairs in the last 3 weeks than I've done in well, maybe the last 30 years! My classrooms are on the 4th floor, 2 flights per floor, some of the MRT stations have 4 or 5 flights of 16 steps [I counted] and then add in all the walking Colleen and I have done. I might be a lean machine by mid January, no, just leaner. Alright, less plump!

My teaching yesterday was a surprise fill in because the teacher I am subbing for was sick. So Colleen and I quickly changed our plans but still met Melissa at the Dragon beside Love River at 9:30. We could not do justice but this wikimedia photo sure does. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Love_River_IMG_2952.JPG. We met just left of the dragon.

As we laid in bed this morning we talked about how the lifestyle is so comfortable for us. Easy mornings, afternoon and now early evenings teaching, Colleen getting some alone time and then doing things or relaxing until about midnight. Mind you we are expecting to have to endure 10 degrees overnight this weekend!

Well that's enough report and retort for today. Cheers to all!

Oh Hi to the Tea Ladies! And a fond hello to my University connections.

No comments: