Sunday, February 06, 2011

Vicarious Living

We met Australian and British parents this weekend.  Both Davids!  It seems parents have pretty similar concerns and desires for their children around the globe but some talk funny!   I may be one of the unofficial Kaohsiung ambassadors which may be getting a bit annoying for the women in my life.  well the two here......it seems the OTHER women in my life want me to say more via this blog!

We are reminded on a daily basis how BLESSED we are to have healthy independent children,  
We are reminded on a daily basis how BLESSED we are to be in Kaohsiung with Melissa,
We are reminded on a daily basis how BLESSED we are to be healthy and happy,
We are reminded on a daily basis how BLESSED we are to have friends in Saskatoon and other parts of Canada and the U.S. that are interested in our lives.

Today a Pastor and his son from Nebraska checked in for a few days before returning home late this week.  They have been here working with Free Methodist Missionary David Clemente at a winter church camp.  Colleen toured parts of NE with the Aldersgate Trio in 1969, I went to Kindergarten in Sidney NE in ??? and I have an uncle and cousins that live in NE but not in the small towns Brian McGee pastors in........  I almost always have a connection within a few hours of Melissa's North American guests!!!!   I think it is somewhere between amusing and annoying for her........

Sorry no new pictures today I didn't want to take away from the break in Saskatoon weather!

We are meeting one of Melissa's friends at a salon for a HAIR WASH in 3 hours so we will grab some lunch.  No stinky tofu or chicken butts today.  or squid on a stick for that matter.

No comments: