Friday, February 25, 2011

Who woulda Thought

Who would a thought that to go THAT direction I needed to take the bus going the other way............Well, maybe if I could read more Chinese..........The bus does a couple over here loops in each direction and then turns back towards the opposite direction and to top it off it is a one hour loop with 2 buses so at the stop I was at you get to see both buses within 5 minutes and then wait almost an hour!  I think I missed them by 5 minutes the first time........BUT I WAS DETERMINED TO GO FROM THIS STOP.  I got home 5 hours after I said bye to Colleen as she went for a hairwash!!!!!  The marvel is that I knew quite well where I was in the city the whole time! I ALSO KNEW I WAS NOT WHERE I WANTED TO BE.  

Golden Lion Lake is quite a nice area but they are working to remove major amounts of silt from the lake so the beauty takes a bit of visualizing.  I think it is actually a water runoff catch basin for north eastern Kaohsiung City.  VERY nice walkways and paths around and over the lake.  the east side has 2 maybe 3 temples.

AND IF THAT WASN'T ENOUGH when I had looked around enough I walked the 3, 4, 5, 6 blocks back to the main road to catch the bus home.  It seemed like it was almost as long to wait for the bus as it was to walk home especially since there was a 5-7 minute walk from the bus stop to Melissa's place.   WELL  I was about 8 blocks farther east than I thought...................Google Maps says 38-41 minutes to walk............I must have sauntered because it took almost 50 minutes according to when I called Colleen and told her I was headed back and actually walked in the door.  I don't think I waited for my iced tea that long!

AHH the stories of Steve & Kaohsiung!

No comments: