Thursday, February 10, 2011

Words and intentions..............

I was reminded this evening of the importance of words and feelings.  Within the last couple weeks a Taiwanese friend commented about the harshness of Taiwanese family communications and I responded that it is not ONLY a Taiwanese or Asian issue. 

The circumstance is not important nor are the actual words.  My realization and contemplation of my reactions to the words is however.   There was no ill intention in the words but at the moment my mind and heart needed to hear softness and kindness rather than bluntness.  OH there are times when I need to be spoken to directly as I often am a tiny bit dense.  I chose to not verbally respond and continue on my way with the balance of my task but the thought process of a 60 year old guy, prone to thinking rather than reacting, prompted this sharing.

I'm not sure there is much more to say or share........... when you speak try to include love, when you hear interpret with love and understanding.

No comments: