Monday, March 14, 2011

Earthquakes, tsunamis and explosions

We were not shaken, stirred or glowed!   AS DISASTROUS AND HORRIBLE THINGS ARE IN JAPAN I want to assure everybody things are pretty normal in Taiwan.  Sure people are aware and concerned for Japan's losses and are following the developments.   I urge each to listen to the detail of what is said not just the lead line or speculations.  Politicians are responsible for leading and usually minimizing chaos;  REMEMBER News channels are in the business of filling air time so the highlights and spectacular often crowd the detail and accuracy into the corner.

I am KEENLY interested in the Japanese radiation as our return flight routes through Tokyo where radiation levels are increasing.  Oh I just read an article that said Japan moved 8 feet as a result of the quake.  http://www.chinapost.com.tw/asia/japan/2011/03/14/294582/Earthquake-moved.htm I wonder where the hole is?  I know NOT FUNNY............

Colleen called and talked with her mom this morning, her Monday night so all seems good.  we recently had babies added to the clan.  Arlin had Brooklyn about a week ago, Amanda had Hudson a few days ago, only 1 ounce under 10 POUNDS!!  I apologize to those I did not mention.  Comment and let me know!

We were going to a nearby Cultural Park on Saturday but Melissa's Mechanic said NO/replace the radiator.   That's what happened last year when we went to Taichung but it was a Sunday afternoon on the highway!   So we went to a couple small parks in the city. 
   
A closeup by Colleen
 


We did manage to get to the Cultural Village on Sunday.  Melissa had a different baby that day.
No the 'g' did not drop it was designed that way! 
Life continues, with a variety of joys, sorrows, pleasures and hardships.

No comments: