Monday, March 07, 2011

Wenzoa Cultural presentation

This morning  I met with a friend to start what I see as a mentoring series, we will see how it develops. And this afternoon I met some other BCC friends (Bilingual Community Church) at a LANGUAGE SCHOOL to share first hand about our respective cultures of Canada, USA, Mexico and Haiti and in the process they received a fair bit of the value of spritual connections around the globe. 

One of our friends is in the class and as a MATURE student she is a bit more bold than most..................it turned out that one of the male students attends a church near City Hall.  Janine had taken the Haitians there last week, they are here working on MBA.  Now if I could only find out actually where Ken & Denise are in Haiti.   I looked and looked and stopped searching to find out.  It wasn't easy and simple to find so I gave up and referenced Dessalines.  I find it interesting and curious that Haitian students with English as a third language come to Taiwan to study in the same classes with students who also have English as a third language.  It certainly demonstrates the need to listen flexibly to those for whom English is NOT their first language.  And through all of this, English may not be the dominant language even though it may well be the most widely spoken.

Oh right, the students, University age, put on English language demonstrations that would work well in commercial or tourism scenarios and then we each did our talks with Powerpoint support.  Mine was pretty basic with some Canadian snow and summer shots and a few Taiwan shots to show our LOVE for Taiwan.   The woman from Mexico had been in Taipei a few weeks ago and had a MARVELOUS video of Mexico.  Short but very well done.  VIVA MEXICO, sorry Carla..........................  Now, as I write this I marvel at the Mexico, Haiti connections I have,  God must be chuckling!!!   This afternoon made my week and it's only Monday!!  I took some photos but as I review them the are unbelievably sterile and uninteresting to anybody but me.

So instead here is the water show that was part of the  nightly celebration at the Lantern Festival.
More Later, A bientot, Hasta la vista, tsai tchien

No comments: