Friday, March 18, 2011

Melissa's bike almost gave me a rectal exam!!!!

I was merrily riding along looking around and fortunately I was getting ready to slow down when I head a SNAP and the seat dropped and when I raised up it fell to the street.  WHEW!!!   Good thing I have strong legs and lightning reflexes!!!  The bolt holding the seat to the post broke.  A few blocks later I found a store I thought MIGHT have a replacement bolt IT DIDN'T but my handy dandy electronic translator helped me get directions to a nearby bicycle shop.   Which I could not find!!!   I KNEW where one was but it was about a 15 minute ride.......fortunately Melissa's bike has a carrier over the back tire so I lowered the post and it was reminiscent of the banana seat bike!  A SMARTER PERSON WOULD HAVE REMOVED THE POST!!   The GIANT sales shop on Huasia Road tried but couldn't find the right bolt so I ended up a couple blocks away to the bike shop Melissa has used before.  I'd never actually been to it before!  Back in full performance!

About the time the bike seat broke Melissa texted me that she was about to board the HSR to go to Taipei for her Warden meetings so when the bike seat repair was floundering I called her for recommendations.  Who would have thought that the bolt sizes would be so different.

Oh the translator......I bought an electronic translator yesterday for $2,990NT.  cheaper ones had less English on the keyboard and also targeted to those learning English rather than my type......whatever MY type is!    Comment away!

No comments: