Monday, March 31, 2008

Another FIRST

I could be writing a new country song. Dogs are lucky I don’t have one! Oh yeah and no pickup truck either…………..

At 47 I went downhill skiing for the first time and now I am sitting in an RCMP detachment for the first time at 57! At least it is voluntary…. sort of ….hitting a deer does more damage to a 2002 PT cruiser than it did to our 1968 Comet/Montego 35 years ago. Less than ¼ mile apart, ok 300 meters at Lumsden SK.

I’ll settle down in a day or 2………….God protected me! Now to see in a day or two how well the car was protected. This will get that small hood dent fixed that I made when we were looking at this in July! Although somewhat more expensively.

It will seem strange to many but I have had a GREAT week in Crosby with Deb’s husband and friends. God has provided a multitude of opportunities for people to minister to me and for me minister to them. I got to share and demonstrate God’s evidence in my life. Whew, this accident takes the icing on the cake. Oh and I do have cake, well 2 dozen fresh today cake doughnuts by me new friend JUDY who runs a drive-in café in Ray ND. Debbie worked for her when she owned a café in Crosby a few years ago. My innkeeper was JOYCE, one of Deb’s high school friends that have now lost the next 30 years of Deb’s friendship. My mom for the week and friend, Louise Aalund a friend of Deb and my parents. She was DEEPLY comforted by my presence. She got Deb, Pete and ‘Em’ through me. There are so many stories of how Deb (and Bill) has affected people’s lives in and around Crosby in the last 10 years.

The minister conducting Deb’s memorial service also performed their wedding back in July 1998, cool, eh! Several good remembrances were shared at a Friday evening gathering at the Funeral Home. I got to reconnect with our nephew Michael which I haven’t seen for about 30 years. A long story not suitable for here. Deb had befriended him the last several years and her death may well be that path for Mike’s healing from the damage his parents’ weaknesses have triggered. He actually married another Debbie who is from Weyburn so the quest for common connections will continue. He blessed me immensely by getting pictures of their 2 kids to me on Saturday even though he wasn’t able to attend the memorial service. LIFE SURE HAS STRANGE TWISTS AND CONNECTIONS.

Oh, the RCMP officer’s last name is Etienne…………Only those of you with some French will get that one!

Well Lynn Shepherd and Dave Longueil are coming to my rescue. It will be a very late night for these 3 OLD GUYS.

No comments: