Monday, March 10, 2008

Sharing my Rollercoaster

Whew!

We had a church community meeting that focused on dissatisfaction and concerns regarding Pastor Dean's resignation. Several had focused comments about procedural concerns and words of appreciation for Pastor Dean. I had great concern that it could become tense and almost unruly but God prevailed. This is a milestone for Lakeview Church.

We got home about 9 following the meeting to hear a phone message from my brother-in-law that my sister was taken to Minot with stroke like symptoms Sunday morning. She is home this evening after several units of blood and appears to only have memory loss as a symptom. This appears to be an effect of the radiation treatment last Thursday. I was practically getting ready to help Bill plan a funeral service.

Guess what I didn't sleep well last night so it took til noon before I got the energy I needed for first thing in the morning. So why am I sitting here blogging instead of going to bed? emptying my thoughts............

I treasure all of you that visit my blog.
Your prayers support me.
You bless me!
God uses you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve... I was worried too that the meeting might turn ugly. I was pleasantly surprised at the grace extended. I know Dean has a large following and I couldn't help but wonder if God was reminding people to look to HIM instead of Dean. I think he will go on to use his evangelism gifts in another setting and my prayer is that we can have a mature spiritual leader who can take us deep instead of wide (remember the old Sunday School song) ? Thanks for your words of calm maturity. Linda Hilderman

karen said...

I stop by more often than you update too:)
I had fun yesterday. I'm glad we ran into you:)

Anonymous said...

Cousin, a friend of mine left her church years ago to be with friends that where in another church. Those friends started their own church and she followed them there. It was there that she lost the excitement and felt abused by the pastors. Today, she told us that God impressed upon her this question, "If your friends where not in that church, would you continue to go there?" She answered, "No." God then asked her, "Who are you following? Them or Me?" She cried, "Them." She felt God cry back, "I want you to follow Me." I'm sharing that because sometimes we following the people we like, even when its not what God wants us to do. So during this time of change and uncertainty, know that God is on the throne, He is in control. It may seem shaky, but the Fountain is Strong. When our faith is grounded on the Rock, no wind can blow us about. Clinging to that very rock with you in prayer. May God bless you and keep you as we walk out His Kingdom step by step. In Christ, Steven

Anonymous said...

... but the Foundation is Strong...