Friday, March 21, 2008

Wow the last 40 hours

I got to Crosby about 10 Wed night and got a few hours sleep between 1 and 6. Deb lingers and I'm just finishing 24 hours, Bill was able to get some rest tonight so my weariness is counted as
JOY.

It has been a tremendous honour and privilege to be with Deb and Bill and to be able to pray many times. Deb has had bright alert moments and restful moments and unfortunately some minutes of anguish even though the pain is well under control. My moments of emotion have been limited for now so I can serve Deb and Bill.

Please continue to pray for clarity, wisdom and strength for a peaceful passing. Deb has requested cremation so that ease some of the haste to have a funeral service. Bill expects to have it on a Saturday which could be March 29th or later depending on Deb's time. I will keep all updated so you can keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve, I've sat here wondering how to encourage you and comfort you. But nothing I think of sounds like it will. The only thing I know is that God can. As a follower of Christ you already know the outcome for your sister. She may go on ahead to be with Christ and you and your family will miss her. But, oh what awaits her soon and us too, to be in the presence of our Lord and Savior. To finish the race; to be victorious over this death of flesh and be "new" in the likeness of Christ. Some people reading this won't understand the comfort you have in knowing this. It sounds alien to them. And the world will not understand for the Holy Spirit does not give them this knowledge.

"Father, soon we celebrate the victory of Your Son Jesus over death and sin. This very weekend we reflect on what a wondrous act of love was done for us. We are buried in this body of flesh that grows weak and dies. But You gave us salvation to be born anew into a spiritual body that will never know pain, will never grow tired, nor will we ever know tears of sorrow. Thank You Lord. Thank You.

We ask that that same spirit that raised Jesus from the dead now cover Bill, Deb, Steve and Colleen. None of know what tomorrow holds. We trust You for eternity. Lift up Bill and Steve as they must lead their families through the next few weeks. Strengthen them and give them wisdom to speak with all the family and friends which will want to offer words of sympathy. Embolden them to speak with love and compassion of not only Deb, but of You as well. Let them live out the hope they have in You.

In the name of Jesus I ask that You soften the pain for Deb. Lord, if it’s Your will that she come home in the next few days, then Your will be done. Please let Deb and Bill have a moment of clarity to love each other. Let Steve and Deb share their feelings too. I ask that everyone that is near them bears witness to love that no man can understand. May Christ be revealed in all that happens during the next few weeks. Blessings on this family. I ask this all in the name of Jesus. Amen."

Cousin

Melissa said...

I'm glad that you are able to be there with Deb & Bill. I wish I could be closer to show more support but I am thinking of you constantly and praying too.