Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday update

Not much of Friday left here. Tomorrow we pay our last month's rent!

Yesterday we went to B&Q (Taiwan's Home Depot) and bought a few things for a couple projects. We even bought some things from my FRIEND, he speaks pretty good English and I look him up for a short chat whenever I'm there. Today I changed Melissa's bathroom sink faucet, she has most of the tools! We'll change several fluorescent lamps tomorrow.

Ladders are something else here, it takes most of my nerve to get more than 2 rungs off the floor and then most of my foot and leg strength to stand on those 2x3 rungs! And tomorrow's ceiling is almost 12 feet up! At least there is a rope between the 2 sides to keep it from doing the Three Stooges collapse! Today's 4 foot ladder didn't but I've been working on the butt clenches so I can keep it together.

Dinner with Melissa today was Bic (Okay, Big) Macs and iced tea! Right, very Asian! That fried meat was GOOD!

I learned yesterday that a dear friend is dealing with organ transplant rejection. Please pray for continued healing and successful medication treatment.

On the subject of prayer please be praying for our relationship with Jay and Julie. We will be back in Saskatoon in a month and hope to begin to restore regular friendly contact. I know it is a foreign notion for many but I have also had many share of similar anguish over broken contact. God will prevail!

No comments: