Sunday, March 29, 2009

YEAH GOD!!!!!!

Last evening I was heading to the church for a baptism service and to help reorganize a room. I was bit bothered that I was delayed and missed the baptism. I forgot about Taiwan time! For whatever reason the 2 people being baptised were delayed almost an hour. So we arranged took a baptism break and finished reorganized some more.

Oh right the baptism, the son had signed up for the summer camp because soccer camp was being offered but he ended up the only one registering for soccer but he stayed for the camp anyway. His mother started coming to church in August after reading letters her son's camp counsellor sent him and accepted Christ a couple months ago. It was TERRIFIC to see a mother and son baptised in the same service.

It was my first Baptist baptism. I don't know it this is typical or not, well the foldable baptismal tank is probably not that common, I was surprised to see them immersed face up. But no choking or sputtering so God must have taken care of the water up the nose issue.

Today at church I was one of the greeters, not so easy to talk but I can smile and be friendly. Melissa's friend Andy, one of 3 or 4 Andy's, is doing a 5-10 minute English PowerPoint presentation on Canada next week so we talked a bit more about Canada and how he might get it up from the present 2-3 minutes. We talked about curling last week, try describing curling!

This afternoon we drove out to our friends Larry and Michelle's to have a picnic but it was raining so we went to their small military housing unit. We had a great visit and then prayed for each other before we left. It's very different from last time now that we expect to be back in 7 or 8 months!

YIKES 2 weeks from right now we will be nearing Vancouver!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve and Colleen,
I thought of you today as Deena was in town and we talked about you at work. I miss you there, Colleen. We survived another fiscal year. I made my over-achievers with one hour to spare! Yikes, that's cutting it too close for my tastes! I lost track of your blog for a while...changed computers and lost all of my 'favourites' tags. I'm glad to hear you're doing well. You both look so great in the photos. Tanned and happy. Colleen, let's do lunch sometime when you get back. I'd really like to catch up with you.
Janet