Thursday, March 19, 2009

Funny thing on the way to the Museum

Beside never actually getting there!

Colleen and I took the bus in front of our apartment to the Fine Arts Museum and as we got off the bus (where we wanted and planned to) a guy pointed to a car and there were 2 women waving and talking to us! They were a couple friends from church. both Taiwanese! but with good English. so we ended up going with them for a hike on a mountain instead. Great surprise and very unlikely in a city this size!!!!

Life has surprises! It was great to get to know them better. Poor Melissa had to work!

I should have taken a few pictures of the pathway! some was smooth and through the Sun Yat Sen University grounds and much was in the paths and trails above the Campus on the mountainside. I'm glad I had my sandals buckled! And this is why I weigh less and have less circumference than I did in November!

We could see the coral rock from the earlier times when the island was underwater. It all had views overlooking the Taiwan Strait towards Hong Kong. It's too far and too cloudy to see HK! Our friend thought it was Monkey Mountain but we only saw 2 unless you count ME. and it may have been the same monkey as it was on the return leg close to the same place. If it was the same mountian Chris McKenzie and I went to 6 1/2 years ago it was on the opposite side. I'm pretty sure it is a different mountain.......

Oh on the way home we took the MRT and actually have been or knew how to get to all the places on the promo video as we waitied for the next train!

No comments: